Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Wrath of the Lich King opening cinematic

I have not been able to enjoy WoW for the time-being (my macbook is still being serviced rather badly) but can't help myself quenching my thirsty curiosity, Blizzard unveiled the opening clip for the up-coming expansion so I decided to check it out for myself.











This cinematic is spot on, compared to the original and Burning Crusade. It's safe to say this is by far, the best opening. Even the verses of Arthas's father ain't cheesy as Illidan's. So excellence excellently executed, love the frost wyrm especially, it's just so nice to see living proof that blue is the best color in the universe and it is. In your face purple.

Update: I took Hazmer's comments into consideration and downloaded the cinematic for Warhammer Online. But no, I just think this kind of production appeals to a niche group rather than the overall casual audience the WoW predominatenly has a titan's grip over.

No comments: