Monday, September 22, 2008

Alterations to the imaginative means

Based on my student evaluation last semester, I’ve decided to re-instigate a very dangerous pastime. Thinking. The course of action eventually leading to this was more or less of an eye-opener. I was told that whenever a problem needs to be solved, I’d whip out a signature approach. However this time, it has been suggested that another part of me unwraps; a new me. Thinking about how to make things happen in that manner isn’t very healthy because it consumes you. I don’t have a lot of friends so not sharing this ordeal and keeping it close to my mind takes a toll on my outward appearance if you know what I mean. When I was in the advertising major I had an insatiable appetite for thematically “charming” flamboyances. You may ask my senior colleagues. Bright hues eluded me. So for this major I thought that the Hello Kitty allure is finally over; I adopt the Universal Studios persona and make any of my 'carrying outs' kick you in the ass. Unfortunately that did not happen. At times I’d go a bit back and it shows. So now I want to change all that. I genuinely feel that we’re saturated by an endless onslaught of cuteness. And yes a world without it is chaos. But I just feel that we’re not kids anymore. Perhaps that’s why I didn’t enjoy the Clone Wars but that’s another story. While I can’t build you the roads to Rome in a day I promise the gradual transition to another spectrum. And that’s what needs to be accomplished for the last depths of breath within myself.

In the interest of all that mess, I have decided to announce a new label project, code named, “Book Reviews”. I will be giving out my feelings on some of the pages that I’ve wormed through in an effort to share my passion for knowledge. So stay tuned.

No comments: