Friday, September 19, 2008

Digital Video: Klang or bust.

Today has been rather exciting, our group has finally confirmed the destination for our documentary field trip expedition. Poh Leong, Haikal, Yee Lean, Tze Een and I are going to a fishing village in Klang, where we're going to do something related to "fishing taboos" and wonder if it might become some sort of a funny experience. As a Filipino, it has been nearly two decades since I visited Klang so this will probably be a fresh slate of adventure inscription. This is another opportunity to learn more about this beautiful country and I'm looking forward to it. This Tuesday, our team's going to scout the area but unfortunately for me, I have to go for another dental surgery session. In return I will do the paper work research while they're away having fun exploring.

The second choice was actually to go to Haikal's state, Johor where there's a famous fish paste food called "Otak Otak". My group members told me it's a spineless fish delicacy that appears to be wrapped in some sort of banana leaf and somtimes served with rice or sauce, looking rather appetizing.

In the end, either projects were fine with me and ultimately all of us decided that Poh Leong's home town is what we're going to focus on. I hope to recover fully by then. I'll probably be helping out with the production and direction perhaps.

No comments: