Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Complications of a critical week.

This power book sucks. You can't open CS3 with 10

update:



• The trojan that infected my ACER is called, "service2.exe" It's causing my laptop to zombie spam my address book. Here it is attempting to shut down the start up components but Kaspersky seems to be putting up a fight... And loosing to it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Service2.exe-23434.html


• 2nd trojan discovered: winhet.exe, no idea what it does atm, still finding out.

• The Macbook fan blades have broken, causing the shrapnel to ricochet across the IO board's insides. Internal damage costs are still unknown but it's probably going to cost half a thousand ringgit to repair.



What a sheer coincidence of bad luck. For a moment It felt like Britney Spears and Aerosmith had some sort of duet album and BANG BANG TITTY TITTY KLANG KLANG is all the rage. Today at 4:30am, my Macbook died. Then all of a sudden the virus inside my ACER notebook kills Windows XP. So here's the dilemma:

• I cannot work on my digital media 2 project
• I cannot work on my typography poster
• update: Macbook now at service center (It shall probably be gone for 3 weeks)
• update: Acer can't be reformatted, service2 virus destroyed DVD drive, sending to center on thursday(?)
• Now using a very very slow computer that takes 10 minutes to start up. It cannot install Adobe stuff.

In the years of living I never realized that 2 systems could conk out simultaneously. I have to find a place to do my assignment before tomorrow. And Friday. My blogging sessions shall be halted as a result and will continue when they are repaired. I sincerely doubt that both companies can solve my issue. I guess it's pointless to even try doing any revisions tonight. What a waste of marks.

No comments: