Monday, March 03, 2008

Leopard {with} {and} {smokes} Windows XP









Edited: Our family scrapped the piggy bank and purchased OSX 10.5 Leopard, Parallels Desktop 3.o and an OEM Copy of Windows XP Home for a grand total of (insert screaming amount of Ringgit). The system has been configured to 'clean install'. Currently toying with the idea of having Mac and Windows applications exclusive to their own OSs since both can be run simultaneously. Now if I can just steal a copy of Adobe CS3 from someone... Mac or PC, it's in the bag. Suckers.

Sorry I won't tell you how much it costs, you can do the math but it's safe to say you're going to invest over twelve life hours attempting such a daunting task on your own. Of course, you could send your Mac to an Apple technician to streamline the process but I feel that the experience gained from soloing makes it all worthwhile. Nerdy enough for you?

Update: Updateing a Mac is not idiotproof. Make sure you change your user name from "Standard" to "Administrator", Leopard forgot who the hell was the damn administrator (this is a known bug, I wonder why Apple's software engineers overlooked such an issue) and I think I went emo for an hour.

This isn't my Mac btw I just look after it. The screen is too small to do any actual work.

No comments: